boring update for the enquiring minds who want to know
First of all, the chiropractor is working voodoo miracles and my hip feels almost normal! This is very exciting to me, and a great relief. I'm still treating it rather gingerly for fear of bringing the pain back, but I'm hopeful about this. AND I'm getting a pre-birthday prenatal massage tomorrow. woo-hoo.
Otherwise, today I am feeling extremely fatigued and just spent dinner strategizing with Derek about how to get more rest. As though I have anything to do but rest, still, it is hard to get around to it sometimes.
I had a doctor's appointment which included my first internal exam. The baby's head is right where it is supposed to be AND my cervix is beginning to efface. This means nothing, I know, I know, but still, maybe he'll be coming soon.
I go back and forth between feeling excited about going into labor and actually having the baby and feeling terrified. The birth classes are definitely helping me to feel prepared, and Derek and I talk about it a lot. Unfortunately, we are still not getting a straight answer about the midwife situation. Depending on who we talk to (receptionist, doctor, midwife) we get different info. Apparently there is a labor dispute of some sort, but they are being pretty closed-mouthed about it. As a result, Derek and I have decided to make appointments to meet as many of the doctors as possible since there is no way of knowing who will actually attend the birth. Two down, five to go. It sucks that I may go into labor and have someone that I've never laid eyes on before walk in to deliver the baby. As much as I am told that the practice in general is supportive of birth center deliveries, it would have been so much better to actually discuss this with each doctor.
Otherwise, today I am feeling extremely fatigued and just spent dinner strategizing with Derek about how to get more rest. As though I have anything to do but rest, still, it is hard to get around to it sometimes.
I had a doctor's appointment which included my first internal exam. The baby's head is right where it is supposed to be AND my cervix is beginning to efface. This means nothing, I know, I know, but still, maybe he'll be coming soon.
I go back and forth between feeling excited about going into labor and actually having the baby and feeling terrified. The birth classes are definitely helping me to feel prepared, and Derek and I talk about it a lot. Unfortunately, we are still not getting a straight answer about the midwife situation. Depending on who we talk to (receptionist, doctor, midwife) we get different info. Apparently there is a labor dispute of some sort, but they are being pretty closed-mouthed about it. As a result, Derek and I have decided to make appointments to meet as many of the doctors as possible since there is no way of knowing who will actually attend the birth. Two down, five to go. It sucks that I may go into labor and have someone that I've never laid eyes on before walk in to deliver the baby. As much as I am told that the practice in general is supportive of birth center deliveries, it would have been so much better to actually discuss this with each doctor.

1 Comments:
Thanks for the kind comment on my blog.
I am so excited for you! A baby boy soon to come! Wow. That's fantastic that he is in a good position for a v-birth.
It is natural to feel terrified- not that that helps you, I know. I really hope that meeting the doctors gives you a bit of peace. Of course, what I *really* hope is that you can have the birth you prefer. Did you write a birth plan, just so you have something to give the team delivering your baby when the time comes? Some people think it's a waste of time, but at least it gives you the illusion of being in control. ;)
Thinking of you!
Post a Comment
<< Home