33 weeks....
On my recent (and glorious, as usual) trip to Brooklyn, I promised Bri that I would blog more regularly to keep her and my few other readers up to date on pregnancy stuff and other stuff.
Unfortunately, I must announce that my news is that today I am suffering from some pregnancy related pain. For the past few days I had been noticing some achiness in my right hip area. Yesterday I felt pretty well and we went walking in the woods for two hours. (I can't call it hiking anymore, I'm too slow.) We saw a magnificent buck galloping through the forest with his beautiful antlers, so it was worth it, but maybe I exacerbated the pain?
Today it's been pretty awful, ranging from a general achiness that spreads between my lower back to my butt to my upper thigh to a shooting pain when I put weight on it. I am also limping because of the pain. I've diagnosed myself with the possibility of sciatica, which could just be for today or a few days or (please no) for the rest of the pregnancy. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I'll ask them if there's anything I can do to make it better or at least not make it worse. It really sucks. Fortunately I feel relief when sitting down but moving around is downright painful. (and we all know how much I like to keep moving!)
I have to say, Bri, although I've always admired you living your life while putting up with the fibro, and not that this is anything comparable, but now I really don't know how you do it. You are amazing!
On the bright side, the baby boy continues to be active, kicking and squirming and a constant source of joy for me. So, I guess I can put up with a little butt-hip-thigh-back pain.
Unfortunately, I must announce that my news is that today I am suffering from some pregnancy related pain. For the past few days I had been noticing some achiness in my right hip area. Yesterday I felt pretty well and we went walking in the woods for two hours. (I can't call it hiking anymore, I'm too slow.) We saw a magnificent buck galloping through the forest with his beautiful antlers, so it was worth it, but maybe I exacerbated the pain?
Today it's been pretty awful, ranging from a general achiness that spreads between my lower back to my butt to my upper thigh to a shooting pain when I put weight on it. I am also limping because of the pain. I've diagnosed myself with the possibility of sciatica, which could just be for today or a few days or (please no) for the rest of the pregnancy. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I'll ask them if there's anything I can do to make it better or at least not make it worse. It really sucks. Fortunately I feel relief when sitting down but moving around is downright painful. (and we all know how much I like to keep moving!)
I have to say, Bri, although I've always admired you living your life while putting up with the fibro, and not that this is anything comparable, but now I really don't know how you do it. You are amazing!
On the bright side, the baby boy continues to be active, kicking and squirming and a constant source of joy for me. So, I guess I can put up with a little butt-hip-thigh-back pain.

2 Comments:
sorry you are uncomfortable, sweetie. hopefully you will not have to put up with it for the whole rest of the pregnancy. and keep the updates coming!
xo,
A
Have to say - you are getting awfully big to be going on such long walks... that much time upright with a HEAD sitting on your pelvis... um - just sounds like it might lead to some pain, Ms. Denial.
I am very sorry that you are hurting, though. I do know that it sucks.
Post a Comment
<< Home