Monday, October 30, 2006

Boob Holes

During my recent visit with my mother, I discovered that she has become obsessed with e-bay. Rather, she has been obsessed with buying nursing night gowns for me on e-bay. Yes, the woman has been setting her alarm clock for 1:30 in the morning so that she can wake up and try to squeeze in a last minute bid on a boob slit nightie.

As a result, I received two such items at my baby shower. When I got home, I tried to explain the items to D., as "a combination of grandma and porn", in other words, "a muumuu with boob holes." I knew what he would imagine: huge gaping holes cut out so your boobs could just hang out of the muumuu. I think he was relieved to see that they were discreet little slits instead, from which the boob can stealthily emerge, when the time is right. Sexy.

***********************************************************************************

So, in order to "win" at Nano (50,000 words) it looks as though one would need to write an average of about 1600 words per day for the month of November, which would be about five or six pages? Does that sound right? Help me out here, even with a calculator, I'm bad at math.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember but I will run a word count on something when I get home and see. I remember it being really variable, but I guess that's obvious - like, if it's dialogue, it's a lot more pages than stream of consciousness babbling.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, why? why are boob slits necessary? i mean, i know you will be tired and all, but too tired to pull up your shirt? xo, A

5:33 PM  
Blogger Bill Norris said...

Don't knock boob slits.

Without huge honking dialogue sections, average word count for a page of double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point, with standard one inch margins, is 250-300 pages.

12:17 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

I don't have anything with boob holes. I never saw the use. I don't see how it is discreet to have your boob encircled with material, as if it's a bullseye on a dartboard. But that's just me.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you live VERY close to me! I randomly found your blog but if you want to e-mail me I can give you some tips on living in the area, things to do, that sort of thing!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you please post something new? Boob Holes popping up each time is just so silly.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home