Sunday, September 23, 2007

new developments

K. was a little wild man tonight as I was trying to put him to bed. I tried to nurse him, he kept pulling off the nipple with teeth. I tried to "bounce" him and he started alternately pulling and carressing my hair, while laughing maniacally. I quickly decided that sleep was not going to happen just yet and put him in his crib, in the dark, to chill. I sat in the rocking chair and the gray cat came and sat in my lap peacefully. Meanwhile, K. pulled himself up to his knees in the crib. Then, pulled himself to stand in the crib. Then, let go of the crib rail with both hands and stood in the middle for about two seconds like little surfer boy. Yes, my baby stood for the first time. There is something very toddler-like about the standing baby. It's amazing how fast he is changing. He continued on with this for about 20 minutes, the cat and I watching in the dark but trying not to get him even more excited, even though it was really hard not to laugh at him as he stood swaying in the middle of the crib, then falling swiftly onto his little butt. He worked himself up into a sweat, and when he started to get that glazed look, I took him and nursed him, put on a little music for him, and he was asleep within five minutes.
The other exciting new thing he's doing is chanting, "ma ma ma ma ma" in his sweet little voice. I know he has no idea what he's saying, yet, but I have to admit my heart melts every time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a little man I tell you. xoxo, A

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is sweeter than the sounds of baby babble. Nothing.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home