Tuesday, August 07, 2007

existential blog crisis

Should I continue this blog? I go so long between posts, and then I feel bad about it. Then I think probably everyone has stopped checking anyway. Plus, half the time I don't really know what to say.

I guess the purpose is to keep people sort of updated on how things are going out here - with me, K., etc. Also, it could be a place to put up random musings and anecdotes. Like the fact that my husband is so frugal that he pushed a TV cabinet home from a thrift store for just under a mile in 95 degree heat. Yes, he did. And he even had to jay walk to get to a sidewalk. So there he was, sweating and pushing large furniture across a busy street here in D-town. Now, I must say, in NYC he would have looked less insane. People are forced to push around random large objects on the streets for various reason in NYC with regularity. But not here. What could he do? It would not fit in the car.

K. is doing great, and turned 7 mos. yesterday! I think I can see the little nubs of his two top teeth under his gums so I'll keep you posted if they push through soon. He is also expanding his emotional reactions to the world, and recently presented feelings of JEALOUSY and POSSESSIVENESS when playing with his little friend C. Joy. He fussed when C. took his teething ring and started to chew on it. (meanwhile, he was chewing on C.'s teething ring!) And he fussed with his Mommy played with C., even though C.'s Mommy was lavishing him with attention. Ah, the widening emotional range. Welcome to life, K. I'll help you get through it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek Barker said...

In my defense, the furniture piece had wheels.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home