Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tired

After sleeping through the night (from 10 to 7) for about a week, K.'s sleep pattern has gone back to bizarro, almost newborn craziness. Ok, it's not that bad, he gave us a good 5 hour stretch last night, but still, he feels sort of out of whack to me, and the unpredictability of it leaves me quite tired during the day. Last night he woke up out of nowhere some time after midnight, Derek and I both took turns pulling out all our tricks - nursing, bouncing, pacifier, etc. Finally, out of sheer exhaustion, we put him on the bed between us, and he excitedly twisted and turned his head back and forth to look at each of us. Then laughed hysterically, pushing the pacifier out of his mouth, in Derek's face as Derek lay there shushing him. We kept the lights out and literally shoved the pacifier in his mouth, I stroked his head, and eventually he drifted off to sleep.
Just when I think he's one way, I turn around and there's something completely new and different going on.

2 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

As I recall, at four months old the boys went from sleeping very well to sleeping like crap. I don't know why. At 6 months we did CIO because we couldn't deal anymore.
We too have tried to put them in bed with us at various times, and they think it's hilarious. Us, not so much.
Good luck!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be the travel and sickness on top of the development stuff?

That's funny about the bed being hilarious.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home