Who is this wild animal that has taken over the body of my child?
This picture epitomizes Kian at this moment in his life. Note: the wild hair standing straight on end and the mouth, frozen open in mid-screech.
He is teething, badly. I can see the shadows of his two top teeth beneath his gums but they just won't cut through. He's quite grumpy and we were all awake last night from 2 to 4:30 in the morning. These are the things we tried: nursing, pacifier, bouncing, swaddling, unswaddling, changing his diaper, putting him on the bed between us, putting him in the crib by himself, letting him cry, not letting him cry, rubbing his gums. I heard Derek muttering something about horse tranquilizers.
Let's all hope the damn things cut through soon. I want my happy baby back.

2 Comments:
Oh no! I hope this doesn't last too long! Fortunately, my children weren't very fussy when they began teething- though they didn't begin until much later, which is perhaps why it wasn't as much of an issue. Have you tried a frozen washcloth? I've heard it's much better than a teething ring. Take care and I hope you (and K) get some relief soon!
-J.
We could see J's teeth and symptoms of teething for many months before they came in. It was frustrating. A lot of times I'd blame cranky phases on teething, but I don't know if that was it or if he was just going through phases... maturing, growing, developing. If only they could talk, eh?
Post a Comment
<< Home