Wednesday, June 13, 2007

K. is really cute at 5 months old.

I hate to be a boring "mommy blogger", but I really don't have another forum for writing about K., so here it is.

K. has had many firsts lately. On our recent trip to Portland, two teeth broke through, he saw the ocean for the first time, and he rode in a swing. So today I took him to the little playground in our neighborhood and put him in the baby swing again and he broke out into giggles has I gently pushed him back and forth.

K. is five months now, and it is a delightful age. Here are some of my favorite things about him right now.
-He smiles all the time.
-He giggles when swinging, when being tickled, when I kiss him, and sometimes just from looking at Derek.
-When he gets excited, his whole body wiggles around.
-When Derek comes home from work, I carry K. downstairs to greet him, and K.'s whole little body wiggles with excited anticipation and he laughs and laughs, so happy to see his Dad.

It's really fun to be with him.

That said, many potential changes are in the works. I have a job offer, and if we can find the right childcare situation I'll be going back to work 20 hours a week. I think I want it to work out. As much as I love being with K., I do feel a stir crazy at times. I wonder if I were working, if I would really appreciate every moment with him more. I was burned at my last job and I worry about not liking another job, but fortunately, if I don't like it, I can quit. Lucky me. We are also contemplating a move to the town we like better. I've been feeling extremely negative about the city we live in right now lately. I'm hoping that if I shake things up a bit maybe my attitude will improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home