Wishing everyone a great holiday....
We are just waiting for our families to descend. With everything that's been going on lately, we are really looking forward to seeing them. And since Derek and I have been anally organized, we've got pretty much everything done (or at least scheduled). Me being unemployed has definitely contributed to the ease of getting things done ahead of time.
Although most of you have heard the update from my latest doctor's appointment, for those that haven't heard, my 37 week appt was disappointingly uneventful. There I was, hoping for some dilation and effacement, and I wasn't even offered an internal exam! The nurse weighed me, took my blood pressure, and told me the doctor would be in to see me. I say, "I'm 37 weeks, shouldn't I put on a gown?" "Uh, no," she says, and suddenly I feel like this pervert who's all anxious to have the doctor shove her hand up my v*gina. The doctor comes in and says that since I haven't really been feeling any contractions, an internal is unnecessary at this point. Well, I could have insisted, but just didn't feel like asking for it just for kicks. You know. So I have no idea if any progress has been made. In fact, my body has been feeling so mellow lately, that I'm beginning to think I'm in for a long wait. That's okay, I need to just be patient about this. Why am I so anxious to be a sleep-deprived breast feeding machine?
Anyway, I wish everyone a peaceful holiday! Maybe I'll poke back around here with some funny holiday stories.
Although most of you have heard the update from my latest doctor's appointment, for those that haven't heard, my 37 week appt was disappointingly uneventful. There I was, hoping for some dilation and effacement, and I wasn't even offered an internal exam! The nurse weighed me, took my blood pressure, and told me the doctor would be in to see me. I say, "I'm 37 weeks, shouldn't I put on a gown?" "Uh, no," she says, and suddenly I feel like this pervert who's all anxious to have the doctor shove her hand up my v*gina. The doctor comes in and says that since I haven't really been feeling any contractions, an internal is unnecessary at this point. Well, I could have insisted, but just didn't feel like asking for it just for kicks. You know. So I have no idea if any progress has been made. In fact, my body has been feeling so mellow lately, that I'm beginning to think I'm in for a long wait. That's okay, I need to just be patient about this. Why am I so anxious to be a sleep-deprived breast feeding machine?
Anyway, I wish everyone a peaceful holiday! Maybe I'll poke back around here with some funny holiday stories.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home