We survived!
Today we waved goodbye to Mom & Sis right after brunch. Derek's family left on the 26th. Overall, it was a good time and not too stressful, thanks to everyone pitching in and Derek and my master organizational skills! Yes! (And Derek's superb cooking ability.) And thanks to the fact that my parents bought my sister an antique mah jong (who do you spell that?) set for xmas and she taught us all how to play - nothing like a neverending game to keep things from getting too awkward.
My Mom is certainly quite worried that I will go into labor TOMORROW and she will miss the baby's birth, having to drive all the way up from GA or NC. Although we all keep reminding her that the worst case scenario is that she will arrive a few hours after the birth, and that even if she were there she wouldn't be in the room. Nonetheless, she is freaked out about it.
We had an appt with the midwife today, and the good news is that the midwives are contracted with the birth center now, so, barring any complications, I should have a midwife-assisted birth and possibly even a water birth! I am so relieved to have the whole spectrum of birthing options again. As for other news, there is none. At this practice they don't do internal exams until after your due date. However she did observe (as did the chiropractor) that the baby has moved down a bit. While it's not a bad thing, this means NOTHING in terms of when I'll go into labor. What it does mean is that I have a weird squishy bubble of empty uterus right below my rib cage, and that one can feel the baby kicking without simultaneously molesting my boobs.
My Mom is certainly quite worried that I will go into labor TOMORROW and she will miss the baby's birth, having to drive all the way up from GA or NC. Although we all keep reminding her that the worst case scenario is that she will arrive a few hours after the birth, and that even if she were there she wouldn't be in the room. Nonetheless, she is freaked out about it.
We had an appt with the midwife today, and the good news is that the midwives are contracted with the birth center now, so, barring any complications, I should have a midwife-assisted birth and possibly even a water birth! I am so relieved to have the whole spectrum of birthing options again. As for other news, there is none. At this practice they don't do internal exams until after your due date. However she did observe (as did the chiropractor) that the baby has moved down a bit. While it's not a bad thing, this means NOTHING in terms of when I'll go into labor. What it does mean is that I have a weird squishy bubble of empty uterus right below my rib cage, and that one can feel the baby kicking without simultaneously molesting my boobs.

2 Comments:
This is wonderful news! I am so glad that the midwives and birth center stuff is back in play. I am so excited. You had better call me immediately. And please go into labor before I go back to work so I can have a dramatic last minute Ohio ticket purchase! What fun! Who knows - maybe there would then be a freak snowstorm stranding me there with you and not allowing me to make it back for professional development day on the 8th! Darn!
a weird squishy bubble of empty uterus right below my rib cage
yikes! pregnancy involves some really weird levels of intimacy with one's internal organs.
so glad the midwives are back in play... call me soon. i want to catch up. xoxoxo - a
Post a Comment
<< Home