2006 Top Ten
As is my tradition, I will now recap the most meaningful events of the past year, which unfortunately does not include giving birth.
1. Discovering that I was pregnant on, let's see, I believe April 26th, and spending the rest of the year knocked up. Waking up Derek on a Wednesday morning to squint at a pee stick together, then cuddling in bed after we determined that it was, in fact, positive.
2. Moving from Los Angeles to D*yton, Ohio.
3. Losing Ace, my beloved 16- year- old orange kitty, in August.
4. Losing Zock, Derek's beautiful and quirky tuxedo cat, in June.
5. Adopting Kid, our sweet and maternal 9-year-old tabby.
6. Adopting Hermes, our affectionate and rambunctious gray kitten.
7. A very sad loss on Derek's side of the family.
8. Lots of travel: a week in Oaxaca, Mexico; two trips to the Denver area; two trips to NY; exploring the LA area including trips to Catalina and Anacapa Islands and Joshua Tree; a visit to SF and Bri's beach house; our glorious cross country adventure, including
9. The birth of D's daughter. Watching a close friend parent an infant has definitely boosted my confidence.
10. Quitting the job in LA that made me quite anxious and unhappy.
And here are some things I would like to accomplish in 2007:
1. Give birth to a healthy baby, and to feel good about the birth, no matter how it happens.
2. Be the best parent I can possibly be.
3. Simultaneously keep the close, fun, and infinitely enjoyable relationship that I currently have with my husband.
4. Make some local friends. At least one.
5. Make some inroads towards returning to my career, whether it be a paying job, something educational, or whatever.
6. Improve my communication with my mother. (That's probably the hardest one for me.)
But I suppose I should just suck it up and be happy if I get a healthy baby, right?
1. Discovering that I was pregnant on, let's see, I believe April 26th, and spending the rest of the year knocked up. Waking up Derek on a Wednesday morning to squint at a pee stick together, then cuddling in bed after we determined that it was, in fact, positive.
2. Moving from Los Angeles to D*yton, Ohio.
3. Losing Ace, my beloved 16- year- old orange kitty, in August.
4. Losing Zock, Derek's beautiful and quirky tuxedo cat, in June.
5. Adopting Kid, our sweet and maternal 9-year-old tabby.
6. Adopting Hermes, our affectionate and rambunctious gray kitten.
7. A very sad loss on Derek's side of the family.
8. Lots of travel: a week in Oaxaca, Mexico; two trips to the Denver area; two trips to NY; exploring the LA area including trips to Catalina and Anacapa Islands and Joshua Tree; a visit to SF and Bri's beach house; our glorious cross country adventure, including
9. The birth of D's daughter. Watching a close friend parent an infant has definitely boosted my confidence.
10. Quitting the job in LA that made me quite anxious and unhappy.
And here are some things I would like to accomplish in 2007:
1. Give birth to a healthy baby, and to feel good about the birth, no matter how it happens.
2. Be the best parent I can possibly be.
3. Simultaneously keep the close, fun, and infinitely enjoyable relationship that I currently have with my husband.
4. Make some local friends. At least one.
5. Make some inroads towards returning to my career, whether it be a paying job, something educational, or whatever.
6. Improve my communication with my mother. (That's probably the hardest one for me.)
But I suppose I should just suck it up and be happy if I get a healthy baby, right?

1 Comments:
I know, I know, we're in denial about Kid's age!
Post a Comment
<< Home