Thursday, July 13, 2006

Countdown

And it is.... two more days!!! My last day at my non-beloved job is tomorrow.
I have been counting down the days to unemployment since I found out we were moving to Dayton. Eight weeks, six weeks, etc. This has been the sad state of my career this year. I've been so miserable, driving around the valley (and sometimes deep, deep into the big-box-store littered desert) and not doing therapy. I've never, ever, been so excited to leave a job before. There has always been something bittersweet, even at the job I became unhappy at in Bklyn (my second to last job), I had good friends there, felt connected to my clients, and I was doing good work. This time, I feel nothing. I don't even feel like I learned anything this year. Okay, I am glad that I had three wonderful and very funny office mates. And we saved a ton of money because my salary was pretty good. But that is it.
I am now off to be barefoot and pregnant in the Midwest and that sounds like a better option. That is the sad state of things.
Sometimes I get freaked out and worried that my career is going down the tubes, the longer I step off the harder it will be to get back on. I loved what I was doing in Brooklyn before we left. I adored the agency I worked for and really believed in the work. I even loved the neighborhood I worked in, and I could walk there from my house. (in good weather) It was great. I worry that I will never find another job that I love. I know that is a very drastic and dramatic statement, but all the same, I do worry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on no more work! And now... the move, yes?

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home