Five Questions from Ms. Bri
The game is: Bri writes the questions and I answer them. If anyone else wants to play, then they write in my comments field that they want me to design five questions for them.
1. Do you secretly think I am a terrible, shallow person because I would not follow anyone to Dayton no matter how much I loved them?
Of course I don't think you are a terrible, shallow person. However, though this may invite controversy, I will remind you that when you first started dating Wes you thought you hated NYC and had no intention whatsoever of living there after college. Remember, when I took you to Park Slope for the first time to convince you that it was "sort of" like San Francisco? And we ate in that yucky Mexican restaurant that's probably still there? I guess what I'm saying is that MAYBE if Wes were in a similar situation career-wise (I know, I know, he wouldn't be Wes if he'd consider moving to Dayton) you MIGHT make a similar sacrifice. Plus, it's only for a year. (or two)
2. When you eventually buy a house, what do you most want it to have in it or be like?
Oh, Derek and I have had many many talks about our dream house. To be honest, D's house is sort of my dream house. I would like an old house (maybe a fixer-upper) in a city. I would like it to have hard-wood floors and a front porch that you could install a swing on. I would like to have a back yard with room for a vegetable garden. I would like it to have character.
3. On our first date, Wes thought I was going to be a one-night stand. It was months before he realized this might be it for the long haul. When we met, did you think I was going to be a flirty one-schoolyear stand kind of friend? If so, when did you fall for me and realize it was a forever kind of deal?
Hmmm. When I first met you I didn't think we would be friends at all because I thought you were annoying and bossy. Then we talked at the beach on the All-School-Trip and I thought maybe you weren't so bad. Then you kind of started to pursue me as a friend. You called me on the phone and talked a long time about how annoying your stepmother was and how everything had to be mauve. At that point I liked you and thought you were funny. You invited me over after school a couple of times and we ate celery with maybe cream cheese and a spice thing sprinkled on it, and looked at your baby brother sleeping and talked to the Irish nanny, and you took me to the house on Pine Street which your Dad had just bought and was working on. I didn't realize you were a keeper until the night you slept over and we stayed up realizing that we both "think in stories." That was it, it's been 17 years and counting of white hot passion.
4. Have you ever purchased something over $100 just on a whim?
Hey! My husband reads this blog!
(I think I've done it twice in my life, both only over $100 with tax added, and both when Jenny was in town, influencing me!!!) (it's not going to happen again any time soon, with the one income thing happening in this household)
5. Will you write a NaNo novel with me this year?
Yes! I think I will be unemployed! When do we do it?
1. Do you secretly think I am a terrible, shallow person because I would not follow anyone to Dayton no matter how much I loved them?
Of course I don't think you are a terrible, shallow person. However, though this may invite controversy, I will remind you that when you first started dating Wes you thought you hated NYC and had no intention whatsoever of living there after college. Remember, when I took you to Park Slope for the first time to convince you that it was "sort of" like San Francisco? And we ate in that yucky Mexican restaurant that's probably still there? I guess what I'm saying is that MAYBE if Wes were in a similar situation career-wise (I know, I know, he wouldn't be Wes if he'd consider moving to Dayton) you MIGHT make a similar sacrifice. Plus, it's only for a year. (or two)
2. When you eventually buy a house, what do you most want it to have in it or be like?
Oh, Derek and I have had many many talks about our dream house. To be honest, D's house is sort of my dream house. I would like an old house (maybe a fixer-upper) in a city. I would like it to have hard-wood floors and a front porch that you could install a swing on. I would like to have a back yard with room for a vegetable garden. I would like it to have character.
3. On our first date, Wes thought I was going to be a one-night stand. It was months before he realized this might be it for the long haul. When we met, did you think I was going to be a flirty one-schoolyear stand kind of friend? If so, when did you fall for me and realize it was a forever kind of deal?
Hmmm. When I first met you I didn't think we would be friends at all because I thought you were annoying and bossy. Then we talked at the beach on the All-School-Trip and I thought maybe you weren't so bad. Then you kind of started to pursue me as a friend. You called me on the phone and talked a long time about how annoying your stepmother was and how everything had to be mauve. At that point I liked you and thought you were funny. You invited me over after school a couple of times and we ate celery with maybe cream cheese and a spice thing sprinkled on it, and looked at your baby brother sleeping and talked to the Irish nanny, and you took me to the house on Pine Street which your Dad had just bought and was working on. I didn't realize you were a keeper until the night you slept over and we stayed up realizing that we both "think in stories." That was it, it's been 17 years and counting of white hot passion.
4. Have you ever purchased something over $100 just on a whim?
Hey! My husband reads this blog!
(I think I've done it twice in my life, both only over $100 with tax added, and both when Jenny was in town, influencing me!!!) (it's not going to happen again any time soon, with the one income thing happening in this household)
5. Will you write a NaNo novel with me this year?
Yes! I think I will be unemployed! When do we do it?

6 Comments:
I want questions! It's a very interesting experiment to see what type of questions each person thinks of.
me too!
- Asia
Wes:
1. If you were the ruler of the United States (not president, but ruler) what would you decree?
2. If you were only allowed to do one yoga pose, but you had to do it over and over for an hour, what would it be?
3. What if Bri didn't want to be a Quaker anymore, but wanted to be another religion. What religion(s)would be acceptable?
4. What animals do you hate?
5. Have you ever had an enemy or nemesis? Who was it? Why?
Asia:
1. What is the funniest or weirdest thing that happened to you this week?
2. If you got really old and were forced to have plastic surgery, what is the one form of plastic surgery that you would find acceptable or desirable? (not now, but when you are old)
3. What was your most embarrassing moment?
4. If you and J. could go on a trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. If you could go back and change anything that happened or that you did in high school, what would it be?
1. That everyone must adopt at least one homeless animal and take good care of it. That all people have to pass a competency test before raising a baby. That red meat be made illegal and factory poultry farms be obliterated. And an end to ridiculous reality shows and a permanent moratorium on the placement of TV/film characters on any garment for any age person.
2. Crow. Or maybe warrior 2. Or maybe headstand. I don't know. I think if I had to do only one pose for an entire hour I would stop practicing yoga!
3. Buddist or Hindu.
4. Giant toads (called Bufo marinus) found in the Caribbean.
5. I guess I could say that GMB's father is my nemesis but I don't know if that feeling goes both ways or if I just hate him enough for both of us. Other than that there was this girl in fifth grade named Cheryl who had a turned up nose and stole my best friend. Bitch.
You always say that thing about me staying in New York for love and conveniently forget that there was grad school to consider and the course catalog for the ONLY library school in the Bay Area did not include the word "book" or the word "children." NYC had 4 library school to choose from so obviously I wasn't going to go running off to Indiana or something. Wes and I had about a zillion conversations making sure I wasn't choosing library school here just because of him - we had only been together for a bit more than a year. So it just doesn't hold up, ms. know-it-all.
National Novel Writing Month is November! Start planning now but no writing (except notes) allowed until then!
1. What is the funniest or weirdest thing that happened to you this week?
You picked a good week. I was away for the weekend with J's family and staying in a hotel room with his brother. In one day, they each managed to accidentally not flush (or the toilet did not flush properly) so I got to see one bowel movement from each of them. Lovely! As their mom said, welcome to the family!
2. If you got really old and were forced to have plastic surgery, what is the one form of plastic surgery that you would find acceptable or desirable? (not now, but when you are old)
I'm pretty sure it is the chin/jaw area. My grandmother had a terribly droopy chin and I have a tendency to store fat there, so...
3. What was your most embarrassing moment?
In my life? I have no idea. This week? Well, we were out to dinner on mother's day and I went to the bathroom. I tried the handle gently and it felt like it was locked so I waited. And waited. I tried the handle again just to be sure. Eventually J's dad showed up to use the bathroom and I said it was full and he waited with me and we had a long conversation. Eventually we remarked that the person had really been in there a long time and he tried the handle yet again and opened the door. By that time I had spent like 20 minutes waiting by the bathroom and I felt bad so I let him go first. When I finally got back to the table he had told everyone and they were all laughing at me. Luckily I thought it was pretty funny so I was laughing too.
4. If you and J. could go on a trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Either Italy (because I've never been there) or Japan, I think. But we honestly don't talk about that. We go on so few vacations that when we do talk about trips we think more practically about where we might actually be able to afford to go in the next couple years.
5. If you could go back and change anything that happened or that you did in high school, what would it be?
I'm pretty happy with my life, so it's tough for me to think of something to change. I think ET and I probably could have broken up before college, but then I wouldn't have gone to SLC and I wouldn't have met J so you see it's hard to decide. Everything led to everything else. There were certainly smaller things I could have skipped, like PP and OS.
-A
Post a Comment
<< Home