The Move
will be to Dayton, Ohio!!! Woo -hoo!!!
The good news is, Ohio is closer to New York than Los Angeles is!
DO NOT feel sorry for me.
1. It's only for one year (two at most).
2. It's a really great opportunity for Derek.
3. I visited there in 2003 (I think) and it's really not that bad. There are so, so many worse places we could go for a year!
I will miss Los Angeles a bit, and I'm glad I got the chance to live here. I actually like it here after all, and I've really gained a lot from the experience, which maybe I'll elaborate on some other time. (not right before I'm about to leave for work)
We don't know the details of exactly when we'll be going, so I'll update later. Meanwhile, those of you in NY, prepare your extra bedrooms. haha.
The good news is, Ohio is closer to New York than Los Angeles is!
DO NOT feel sorry for me.
1. It's only for one year (two at most).
2. It's a really great opportunity for Derek.
3. I visited there in 2003 (I think) and it's really not that bad. There are so, so many worse places we could go for a year!
I will miss Los Angeles a bit, and I'm glad I got the chance to live here. I actually like it here after all, and I've really gained a lot from the experience, which maybe I'll elaborate on some other time. (not right before I'm about to leave for work)
We don't know the details of exactly when we'll be going, so I'll update later. Meanwhile, those of you in NY, prepare your extra bedrooms. haha.

5 Comments:
Wow. I can't believe that two people I love are going to live in Ohio. It's like some sort of primordial goo pit. And of course, I mean that in the best way possible.
I figure if the GMB can survive it, so can I. He's way cooler than I am.
And that'll be two more Deomcratic votes in a state that needs them.
I just looked at a map of Ohio to find out where Dayton is located and the good news is that it's about a 2 1/2 hr drive from GMB and about a half hour away from Antioch College, which is one we were thinking of taking GMB to visit. (Not that you aren't worth a trip on your own or anything it's just that I try to avoid traveling to the state of Ohio that made me miserable for about 5 years or so I need a lot of excuses to go there.)
Yes! The Antioch area is really cool - in a woodsy, cornfield, hippy sort of way. It was one of the enjoyable places we visited when I went to see Derek in Dayton in June 2003.
Post a Comment
<< Home