Wednesday, June 14, 2006

All right, Fine.

I went soooo long without blogging, that blogging began to sound impossible. However, it is such a wonderful tool for keeping in touch with those who go to bed to early to talk to me, that I guess I'll take it up again.

Plus, I've finally started blabbing all over the place that I'm pregnant, so why not blab it on the internet too? As though anyone who reads this doesn't already know. Is it true that I've started telling more people because I don't want people to just think I'm getting fat? I've outgrown about 75% of my pants, despite the constant nagging nausea.

I've been thinking a lot about Dayton, Ohio today. Derek is there for some sort of conference and is looking to find us a place to live next year, so it's time to start mentally preparing for a completely different lifestyle - than I've ever had, or ever thought I wanted. He says that pretty much wherever he looks, it is suburban. I've never lived anywhere in the midwest and have only been there for a weekend, so I'm trying not to have too many pre-judged ideas about it. I'm trying to look for the positive.

1. The cost of living is so low that I can stay at home with baby as long as I want to, no problem.
2. We will only be there for, maximum, two years.
3. Maybe it will be interesting to explore the Midwest! I've never been there before!
4. It is soooooo much closer to the people I love.

This is not easy, so if you don't have something nice and encouraging to say, keep your little comments to yourself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part of you moving to ohio? I will be able to have a telephone conversation with you! I HATE the time difference. It's probably my top hated thing about you living in LA. I am definitely among those people who go to bed too early to talk to the west coast.

xo,
Asia

ps- I can't believe you have already outgrown so much of your clothing! That's crazy cool.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Hmm… you'll have seasons again.

12:29 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Congratulations to you both!
As for moving to Ohio, I just think that there are good and lovably quirky things about almost anywhere you go. You will find things that make you smile, I'm sure of it. Take care. -Julie

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be closer to me. That is all that matters. You will be close enough that I can come poke your big pregnant belly. You will be close enough that I can see the baby quite soon after birth (I am already reserving MLK Day - it would be more convenient, though, if the baby was a week early. Then I could be there when it was actually BORN. Would you please let it know?).

Just so you know, soon I will start sending you annoyng stalker emails insisting to know the baby's name.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home