Thursday, May 18, 2006

Questions for Derek

Derek was very stubborn. He refused to play the game on the blogs even when I begged him. So, I interviewed him in person and will post here:

Me: What if you had this choice: either you could never play basketball again, or every time you played basketball you also had to do yoga?
Derek: I would probably never play basketball again.

Me: What is the most annoying restaurant you can think of? Why?
Derek: Either M*utarde or Cafe P*not. M. because it is expensive and pretentious. CP because it was expensive and almost gave us hepatitus.

Me: If you could only go to one restaurant in NY, what would it be?
Derek: D*Fara's

Me: What if you had to lick up cat pee or cat puke. Which one would you lick?
Derek: Dry or fresh?
Me: Fresh
Derek: (sigh) Probably pee.

Me: If you could hang out with a historical figure, who would it be?
Derek: Aristophanes

Me: If you could travel back in time, which time would you want to go to? But wait, you couldn't just go to check it out, you would have to actually live there for a month.
Derek: 5th century bc Athens

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear God this is funny. And also Derek will be thrilled to know that Moutarde is one of our top favorite brunch places. But that's pretty much entirely because of its fresh mango juice and its proximity to our home. But any opportunity to flaunt our overspending to Derek makes me smile just a little.

PS. I haven't gone and bought a lightbulb for the brake light yet. Probably I will lazily let the mechanics do it when I take it for its oil change and bumper problem.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Bill Norris said...

I'm with Derek. M*utarde blows chunks. Mediocre food with coupled with bad service.

Pointless Park Slope food fact. They were good when they opened. Then the owner came in from Paris and got pissy and fired everyone in the kitchen. They never, at least as of last year, recovered.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love to go to Moutarde for lunch because they have kickass French fries. But I rarely get to do this because their menu is so meatish that there's nothing there for Wes. Likewise dinner.

I love the pissy French guy who stands out on the sidewalk yelling French into his cell phone and smoking moodily. He is a neighborhood fixture for me because I walk by the place twice a day at least.

And we never have a problem with brunch service, but it's probably because we often go at a rather early time if we are meeting people with kiddos. And also because they know us, I guess.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

I love Moutarde. I love their mango juice and their coffee mostly but I also rather enjoy pissy French man. In fact he usually greets me when I walk the dogs past the restaurant. I would go there for brunch every weekend if allowed.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home