Now what?
I said I would post every Friday, so I'm giving it a try.
However, I seem to have serious problems knowing what to write about. So, I will just put random thoughts out there.
Random paragraph one:
Today was my day off with K. We had a "play date" in the morning which actually meant that I got to take a walk on the bike path with one of my favorite friends here and have adult conversation. Then we took the babies to get pizza and they were both very well-behaved in their high chairs. In the afternoon, K. and I went to a yoga class together. Now he is in his crib, passed out from exhaustion. It was a good day.
Random paragraph two:
Now that we have bought a house and settled down for awhile, the next project is to come up with a long-term plan for my career. I like my current job fine, but do not love it. I would like to find a way to work more in-depth. (I don't want to really get into the job on the blog, so I'm being vague.) I'm going to a workshop in a few weeks to explore a training program. I hope I figure out what to do soon. One of the things I neglected to really mourn when we left Brooklyn was the job that I had. It was at a place that could have been my "career home" - a place that I would have been quite happy to work the bulk of my working life. At the time, I mistakenly thought it wouldn't be too hard to find a place that I liked just as well. I was really in denial.
Random paragraph three:
Is anyone else getting sick of the election? I was so excited about just a few short weeks ago. Now I wish they'd just figure it out already, the dems. And at this point, I care very little which candidate wins.
However, I seem to have serious problems knowing what to write about. So, I will just put random thoughts out there.
Random paragraph one:
Today was my day off with K. We had a "play date" in the morning which actually meant that I got to take a walk on the bike path with one of my favorite friends here and have adult conversation. Then we took the babies to get pizza and they were both very well-behaved in their high chairs. In the afternoon, K. and I went to a yoga class together. Now he is in his crib, passed out from exhaustion. It was a good day.
Random paragraph two:
Now that we have bought a house and settled down for awhile, the next project is to come up with a long-term plan for my career. I like my current job fine, but do not love it. I would like to find a way to work more in-depth. (I don't want to really get into the job on the blog, so I'm being vague.) I'm going to a workshop in a few weeks to explore a training program. I hope I figure out what to do soon. One of the things I neglected to really mourn when we left Brooklyn was the job that I had. It was at a place that could have been my "career home" - a place that I would have been quite happy to work the bulk of my working life. At the time, I mistakenly thought it wouldn't be too hard to find a place that I liked just as well. I was really in denial.
Random paragraph three:
Is anyone else getting sick of the election? I was so excited about just a few short weeks ago. Now I wish they'd just figure it out already, the dems. And at this point, I care very little which candidate wins.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home