New House, Yes!
How long do I get before the nap is over?
It's snowing and K. is fighting a bug and I was worried I would go stir crazy, but so far am enjoying our day together. We made playdough for the first time. It was quite messy but I was prepared for that. I had no food coloring so we dumped in turmeric and came out with orange and Indian-food-smelling playdough. Yum.
We are in our new house and maybe 60% of the way there in terms of unpacking and setting up. And I am absolutely loving it. Living in a small town is more like living in a city than living in the burbs is. That makes no sense. But I mean in terms of what I value. This town has at least one of most of the amenities that are important to me (yoga, bookstores, good restaurants, cafe) and they are all around the corner from my house. Literally. The suburbs can bite me. I have never been so virulently glad to be rid of something as I am about this move. I could rant and rave about it, I really could. But things are looking up.
The only "problem" I'm having with this house is that it is so big. Well, after living in apartments. It overwhelms me, all the space. It is a lovely old house and I couldn't be happier about it.
I can't wait until the weather thaws and we can take walks in the woods. If I can't live in the city, it doesn't get much better than this.
Excuse me for sounding pleased, lightning may strike me, but after the last year and a half I WILL be pleased, damnit.
It's snowing and K. is fighting a bug and I was worried I would go stir crazy, but so far am enjoying our day together. We made playdough for the first time. It was quite messy but I was prepared for that. I had no food coloring so we dumped in turmeric and came out with orange and Indian-food-smelling playdough. Yum.
We are in our new house and maybe 60% of the way there in terms of unpacking and setting up. And I am absolutely loving it. Living in a small town is more like living in a city than living in the burbs is. That makes no sense. But I mean in terms of what I value. This town has at least one of most of the amenities that are important to me (yoga, bookstores, good restaurants, cafe) and they are all around the corner from my house. Literally. The suburbs can bite me. I have never been so virulently glad to be rid of something as I am about this move. I could rant and rave about it, I really could. But things are looking up.
The only "problem" I'm having with this house is that it is so big. Well, after living in apartments. It overwhelms me, all the space. It is a lovely old house and I couldn't be happier about it.
I can't wait until the weather thaws and we can take walks in the woods. If I can't live in the city, it doesn't get much better than this.
Excuse me for sounding pleased, lightning may strike me, but after the last year and a half I WILL be pleased, damnit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home