haircut
Can I have a writing assignment, please?
Seriously.
We haven't been taking enough pictures, at all, lately, but K. is turning into such a child. But such a sweet child with a round little face and a smile that kills me. Suddenly, he is running. Running and giggling and waiting for me to catch him like the little bunny in all the books.
I gave him a haircut yesterday. It was really hard to cut the hair of a squirmy toddler so he ended up with a horrendous crooked bowl cut. Derek was horrified when he came home. He was traumatized as a child because his mother gave him bowlcuts until he was twelve or something. So I read K. a book and Derek held him between his knees and snipped away like a barber and now K. has a little Derek haircut. I know it's very gendered, blah blah blah, but the hair was getting in his face, and it was either that or barrettes as far as I was concerned. I think he looks cute.
Another thing. I love the town where we live now. I love walking to a yoga class especially for moms (with childcare). I love walking by myself at the end of the day along the bike path next to the woods and there is no one else around, except finally a little old lady saying hi to me. And then walking home through the houses, every fifth one with something quirky or strange about it. Not your cookie-cutter suburban town by any means. I love that we can do whatever the hell we want with our lawn or even the outside of our house and no one is going to care. So we are planting veggies and wildflowers and wild grasses and getting rid of the lawn grass. It will be wild and interesting, I hope.
Seriously.
We haven't been taking enough pictures, at all, lately, but K. is turning into such a child. But such a sweet child with a round little face and a smile that kills me. Suddenly, he is running. Running and giggling and waiting for me to catch him like the little bunny in all the books.
I gave him a haircut yesterday. It was really hard to cut the hair of a squirmy toddler so he ended up with a horrendous crooked bowl cut. Derek was horrified when he came home. He was traumatized as a child because his mother gave him bowlcuts until he was twelve or something. So I read K. a book and Derek held him between his knees and snipped away like a barber and now K. has a little Derek haircut. I know it's very gendered, blah blah blah, but the hair was getting in his face, and it was either that or barrettes as far as I was concerned. I think he looks cute.
Another thing. I love the town where we live now. I love walking to a yoga class especially for moms (with childcare). I love walking by myself at the end of the day along the bike path next to the woods and there is no one else around, except finally a little old lady saying hi to me. And then walking home through the houses, every fifth one with something quirky or strange about it. Not your cookie-cutter suburban town by any means. I love that we can do whatever the hell we want with our lawn or even the outside of our house and no one is going to care. So we are planting veggies and wildflowers and wild grasses and getting rid of the lawn grass. It will be wild and interesting, I hope.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home