Snow Days
We just got through a little "blizzard" here and it was lovely to have all three of us home for three days in a row. In our new house, in our new town.
We painted a room, took family walks in the snow, baked and ate cookies and lasagna. K. played in the snow for the first time. He threw one of his lovely new toddler temper tantrums when it was time to come inside, that's how much he loved it.
Derek and I are amused by the drama in the temper tantrums. At first I felt a bit shell-shocked by K's new toddler ways, but now I feel I am getting a grip on it. Learning how to prevent and manage conflict. Enjoying the mini-language explosion. Enjoying our cuddly, affectionate little boy.
It was a great weekend.
The previous weekend was hell. All of us, including my visiting mother, came down with the stomach flu. K. and I both ended up in the pediatric emergency room, vomiting. K. in a tiny yellow hospital gown and a diaper. After refusing to eat or drink or pee all day, K. deigned to nurse from his mother, who had a reprieve from vomiting long enough to nurse him. Then he peed, a tiny bit. Thus we avoided the IV fluids and were sent home.
We painted a room, took family walks in the snow, baked and ate cookies and lasagna. K. played in the snow for the first time. He threw one of his lovely new toddler temper tantrums when it was time to come inside, that's how much he loved it.
Derek and I are amused by the drama in the temper tantrums. At first I felt a bit shell-shocked by K's new toddler ways, but now I feel I am getting a grip on it. Learning how to prevent and manage conflict. Enjoying the mini-language explosion. Enjoying our cuddly, affectionate little boy.
It was a great weekend.
The previous weekend was hell. All of us, including my visiting mother, came down with the stomach flu. K. and I both ended up in the pediatric emergency room, vomiting. K. in a tiny yellow hospital gown and a diaper. After refusing to eat or drink or pee all day, K. deigned to nurse from his mother, who had a reprieve from vomiting long enough to nurse him. Then he peed, a tiny bit. Thus we avoided the IV fluids and were sent home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home