Return of the bad blogger
If I try to write here at least once a week, maybe on Friday's while K. is napping and we are home together, do we think I will stick to it?
I love the idea of this blog as a way to keep in touch with everyone. But I've become shamefully bad at it.
So here I dive in with today's guilt-fest dilemma.
K. is currently in F/T daycare, although I work P/T. I mean, we are paying for F/T until he turns 18 mos., but only drop him there the three days a week that I work. Yesterday, I didn't have to work until the afternoon, but Derek dropped him off in the morning (daycare is half an hour drive away, across the street from Derek's office) because I wasn't going into D*yton at all for work, only had home visits close to my house. So I spent the morning getting gardening done, then worked in the afternoon and evening. Didn't see K. until bedtime. And I feel horribly guilty about it, although I admit a part of me enjoyed having the morning to myself.
This situation arises at least every other week. So I feel a dilemma. Do I keep him in the morning, drive an extra hour just to drop him off? Or have Derek take him in the morning. The environmentalist in me hates the idea of driving that hour (r/t) when Derek is already going there for work. The mama in me feels guilty about K. being in daycare when I'm at home. The selfish part of me does enjoy the time to myself once a week. What do you think???
It's lovely here in spring and K. and I spent the morning hiking in the woods past a creek and a small waterfall. This was in the nature preserve that we can walk to from our house. This is what I love about living here.
I love the idea of this blog as a way to keep in touch with everyone. But I've become shamefully bad at it.
So here I dive in with today's guilt-fest dilemma.
K. is currently in F/T daycare, although I work P/T. I mean, we are paying for F/T until he turns 18 mos., but only drop him there the three days a week that I work. Yesterday, I didn't have to work until the afternoon, but Derek dropped him off in the morning (daycare is half an hour drive away, across the street from Derek's office) because I wasn't going into D*yton at all for work, only had home visits close to my house. So I spent the morning getting gardening done, then worked in the afternoon and evening. Didn't see K. until bedtime. And I feel horribly guilty about it, although I admit a part of me enjoyed having the morning to myself.
This situation arises at least every other week. So I feel a dilemma. Do I keep him in the morning, drive an extra hour just to drop him off? Or have Derek take him in the morning. The environmentalist in me hates the idea of driving that hour (r/t) when Derek is already going there for work. The mama in me feels guilty about K. being in daycare when I'm at home. The selfish part of me does enjoy the time to myself once a week. What do you think???
It's lovely here in spring and K. and I spent the morning hiking in the woods past a creek and a small waterfall. This was in the nature preserve that we can walk to from our house. This is what I love about living here.

2 Comments:
Seems much, much more convenient for his dad to take him in those mornings, and downright luxurious that you might have one morning every other week free to garden or do whatever you want. Take advantage of it, I say!
I think that "selfish" does not describe you wanting some time to be alone with you. K will be fine - well, even - at daycare. If you must have some guilt, let it be directed to your environmental concerns about the extra driving rather than those of motherhood.
Set up a pattern of self-care early on, and later it will be easier- and a good model for you son as he grows and watches you ever so closely.
Post a Comment
<< Home