Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

I had a whole post in my head for the new year, it was all deep and brilliant, of course, but then my afternoon and evening got eaten up by playing with K., nursing, making New Year's Day dinner (hoppin' john and turnip greens with cornbread, duh), scrubbing scrubbing scrubbing the bathroom, and folding a mountain of laundry. But who wants to bring the new year in wallowing in your own muck?

So, it's goodbye to what I'm sure has been the most life-changing year of my life, so far. I used to do a big 10 for the year list, but this year I pretty much have one thing to say. K---. That's about it. Yes, I have a new job and some new friends and Derek wrote a book, that's all nice, but really people, it's all about little K. (Ok, it's pretty impressive that Derek wrote a book, too.)

And here are my hopes for the new year, pretty modest.
1. I hope that I can build a home for myself here. (emotionally)
2. I hope that I can figure out (or at least get on the road to figuring out) what the hell I am doing in my career, in a long term way.
3. I hope that I can take a little more time for my personal development - mostly that I can get back into yoga more frequently - one class a week would be pretty amazing.

Wishing everyone no regrets and a fresh start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home