a little mama guilt
So, it's done, we're sending K. to the expensive daycare, and basically I will be working to send K. to daycare. In other words, I will be making a negligible amount of money until the summer, when he will be in the toddler program and can go p/t. So I am working just for ME. My income will not really be contributing all that much to the family, I will just be working to satisfy my sense of professional identity, basically.
It's a great program and I think the socialization will be good for K. I'm sure I won't feel guilty once we get into the swing of things and he gets through his separation anxiety hump. And I wish I didn't feel guilty doing something for me. But this seems to be a bit of a pattern. I better watch it, I never set out to be a martyr.
It's a great program and I think the socialization will be good for K. I'm sure I won't feel guilty once we get into the swing of things and he gets through his separation anxiety hump. And I wish I didn't feel guilty doing something for me. But this seems to be a bit of a pattern. I better watch it, I never set out to be a martyr.

1 Comments:
Ah, parental guilt, how I hate you. Sometimes I feel as though I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't about it. Either way, it sounds like you're making the right decision for your family.
Post a Comment
<< Home