update
My job is so nice and flexible that I even got to take K. to a meeting at my office today since I'm without childcare. He sat around on the floor banging a roll of wrapping paper (huge fun) while we discussed cases. My co-workers and supervisor didn't bat an eye.
I really don't want to quit my job. My quality of life here has gone up so much since I started working, and I think I will just feel so negative if I quit. Then I get that attitude of "I gave up everything." I know I have what's most important: a wonderful marriage and baby. But I need something for myself too. That's just the reality of who I am. I definitely am thankful to only need to work p/t, but the balance of work and home is tremendously good for me.
So I'm going into it now with the attitude of we HAVE to make this work. I'm feeling much more confident that we'll come up with a solution. Even if it means that when we get through paying for daycare I might as well be volunteering. You think I'm kidding. My exaggeration is slight.
I really don't want to quit my job. My quality of life here has gone up so much since I started working, and I think I will just feel so negative if I quit. Then I get that attitude of "I gave up everything." I know I have what's most important: a wonderful marriage and baby. But I need something for myself too. That's just the reality of who I am. I definitely am thankful to only need to work p/t, but the balance of work and home is tremendously good for me.
So I'm going into it now with the attitude of we HAVE to make this work. I'm feeling much more confident that we'll come up with a solution. Even if it means that when we get through paying for daycare I might as well be volunteering. You think I'm kidding. My exaggeration is slight.

4 Comments:
I am basically volunteering by the time we pay for daycare (although we're paying for two). Truth be told, I'd pay to work. I feel like I have something really important to contribute. My family is important, too, but working is a great part of my life. I mostly want my boys to see me happy and engaged. I think modeling health and well-being is extremely important to good parenting.
Good for you for sticking to what you feel makes your life a happier one.
anonymous was laGiulia
LaG, that truly makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one! Thank you.
Work is absolutely more satisfying than staying home with small children. With my first, when I went back to work, it was like heaven. People could yell at me AND I COULD DO SOMETHING TO HELP THEM, whereas my colicky son would never stop yelling no matter what I did/said.
Good for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home