Sunday, March 26, 2006

Our Trip to Catalina Island

Okay, so I still can't figure out the picture posting thing. Particularly how to get them in a certain order, and how to get rid of the extra bird picture that I posted. But whatever.
My sister is in town visiting this week and we have been great tourists. On Saturday we took the ferry out to Catalina Island and climbed a mountain there. Above is a picture of my sister and Derek at the top of the mountain.





This is the view of the only town on the island, Avalon, from the beginning of our hike. As we came in on the ferry, Derek and I were both struck by how much the geography reminded us of Greece.

We were happy to see a few animals on the island, including these cormorants. We also saw a doe who was pretty much rock climbing with her two fawns, and we saw several frolicking dolphins and seals. I was very excited since I had never before seen dolphins in the wild.


Um, yes, the exact same picture of the cormorants.


Here is is the view of Long Beach as we took the ferry back at night. Altogether, it was a lovely day.

On Sunday my sister insisted on taking it easy since we basically kicked her ass up the mountain. It was a beautiful day so we spent it driving around the coast, particularly the Palos Verdes peninsula. Then we went for a walk on the beach, and saw more dolphins.

Today it is raining relentlessly and I'm feeling out of sorts again. I am really counting the days until I can leave this job. Since we know that we are definitely moving this summer, I can say that I will only have to work there for four more months. (Yes, we are definitely moving, we just don't know where yet. There are three possibilites ranging from a remote possibility to a definite back up plan.) None of them involve NYC, so don't get all excited.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, WTF? THREE possibilities and NONE of them involve living in the same place as me? There better be THREE JOB possibilities to go with those three locations. Otherwise, I might just have to get miffed! I was getting all excited when I read the definitely moving part, and now I'm all disappointed. Wah.
A

10:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yes, three JOB possibilities.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Then I'm not disappointed OR miffed. Glad there are job possibilities! That's great news.
A

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home