Saturday, March 18, 2006

Lonely Wifey

Derek is at a conference in Alberquerque and here I am. The only thing good about Derek being away is that I have felt free to listen to TECHNO music all night long on the radio. Yeah. I can soooo relate to my upstairs neighbor in Brooklyn now. The whole techno as background music used to really confuse me. It seemed more like sex music, really like driving music, and possibly like clean-your-house-in-the-nude music, but not background music. Ah, but it can be so many things.

I digress. But really people, I digress because the reason I haven't been blogging lately is that there isn't all that much to say! Here are the top interesting things that have happened to me lately.

1. Yesterday it took two whole entire hours for me to drive home from work in the LA traffic. Yes, it did! No, I am not exaggerating! Just ask Ms. Bri, who mercifully chatted me up on the cell phone for a good 40 minutes of that time.

2. I did not sleep hardly a wink last night, between my loudly snuffling, snorting, and snoring orange cat (poor little muffin) and my sad inability to sleep without my sweet security blanket - Derek.

3. Being away from Derek for even two days reminds me of why I've chosen to follow him to the ends of the earth, I mean LA, or even the middle of nowhere in Illinois. (but really, let's hope)

4. Lots and lots and lots of people are coming to visit me! My sister, maybe Jenny, Jin and her lovely daughter, and then I am going to visit Colorado. And hopefully NY if D gets around to having a baby. Also, I want to take a trip to Oaxaca, Mexico. I wish I didn't have to work and could just sit around visiting with people.

5. Which reminds me, of my lovely visit with Asia! I cannot believe we didn't take any pictures for me to post. Yes, we did eat and drink a lot. In fact, that's pretty much what we did, eat and drink. Lots of coffee too. I went off absolutely all restrictions, except that no one was smoking cigarrettes, damn. Oh, and also, we bought expensive handbags and sexy jeans, and Z. almost got in a bar fight! Actually there was a moment when I thought it was going to be an exciting and terrifying four against four brawl. There were these horrible hipsters with their stylistically messy hair. bleah. The other main activity was running up hills. Lots of hills.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I will be cleaning the house and making a deposit at the bank! oooooh!
PS - I've had enough techno this evening.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People still make deposits at the bank? Like, at a teller and everything? Wow. You're adorable.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm with Derek about the techno as background... Also, you should know that--if my experience at conferences is any indication--he's probably more miserable than you.
A

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, if I'm useful for anything, it's drowning one's sorrows in alcohol and coffee. However, as I discovered yesterday, I am utterly out of my element when it comes to babies and baby showers. It's a whole alien world and I am SO NOT READY TO GO THERE. More power to those of you who are... I'll just have to embrace being left behind in this world I can comprehend. All I can say is that the other world involves butt paste and orafice (sp?) suctioning, apparently. It also involves baby slings that require watching a DVD on how to use them.

When you all have babies I'm going to be of absolutely no use anymore!

xo,

A

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home