Monday, February 20, 2006

This was my weekend, how was yours?

It began horrifyingly. The work-week from hell (details unnecessary) sent me into an emotional tailspin of homesickness, misery, and resulting grumpiness. On Friday morning I got up and got ready to go to work for a half-day, as I was picking D & P up from the airport. Derek simply asking me a few questions about my emotional state set me off into emotional collapse and I ended up calling in sick. Went back to bed for two hours, had anxiety dreams about work. (I'm feeling much better now. Of course, this is also my fourth day off. Hopefully work will not be consistantly this unpleasant and stressful. It's clear that this is not the right job for me, but let's hope I can stick it out until we know what's going on with our location for next year.)

Oddly, anticipating D's visit was contributing to my emotional meltdown. It feels so final in to have people visit me here and to have to admit to myself that this is really where I live now. And that the people who were like family to me are visitors. And how much things have changed - I'm driving her all over this city I didn't even know six months ago and her baby is turning somersaults. I'll post pictures when I get around to it. And then to say goodbye again and have to count the months or whatever until I'll see them again. The decision is that I'll be taking some vacation time to come visit and help out with the new baby after P goes back to work - late April or early May. Mark your calenders, ladies.

Do not read further if you do not want to hear about reproductive stuff.

In other news, surprise surprise, stress and emotional meltdown definitely delayed if not put a stop to my ovulation this cycle. As Ms. Bri observed, I apparently have a sensitive and delicate reproductive system. Yet another reason to resent my job! Yay! After much talk with Derek and D the pregnant, I have decided to stop charting, at least for the time being. I thought it would give me a sense of control, but since we've really just started this month, I think it is contributing to my tendency to stress and be uptight. We'll see if I change my mind tomorrow or next month. But for now, the little lavender thermometer is going back in the medicine cabinet.

End of reproductive paragraph.

On a bright note, the visit with D turned out to be quite lovely, if quick. It was very, very replenishing to spend time with a friend. It was good to have someone to confide in, in person. It was also fun just to lounge around the park in the sun. So I'm thankful for that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, of course, support your decision no matter what. I am curious about how you are going to proceed - are you going to base it on the um... other sorts of signs?

I am sorry you egg is such a scaredy cat. I have been watching your chart and shouting across the house to Wes things like, "Her egg is TOTALLY hiding again. I can't believe how she can totally delay her ovulation with her MIND!" He is rightfully horrified at knowing this much about you.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yes, the other sorts of signs. And trying to take care of my stress level in all areas of my life in order to coax the little egg out of it's shell.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home