Today
We had a wonderful day. We got out of the house fairly early to see a mural and eat tacos in the Valley (see Eumaios the Swineherd. ) Then we went for a hike in Temescal Gateway Park where we saw views like this:
(note the insane mansions) (Note that I still haven't figured out how to do decent lay -out with pictures on my blog - oh well)
The hike was fabulous. We went uphill for about an hour, then hit a ridge where there is about a 180 degree view of the city and the water. It is quite beautiful, and all within city limits.
Then for dinner we went to a very good vegetarian Indian in E. Hollywood. We ate a huge dosa, which, in case anyone doesn't know, is basically a two foot long tube of fried dough stuffed with potatoes. As we were leaving, a sort of glamorous young woman asked us what to order and Derek began to quite enthusiastically describe and recommend the dosa. Then the woman turned to me and said, in all seriousness, "But, is it fattening?" It was a very LA moment.
In terms of my mood, I'm doing better this week. Work was less stressful and there are just so many friend visits to look forward to!!! It remains scary to not know what we are looking at for next year, but I'll try to take my good mood for what it is. I'm also feeling very appreciative of Derek, who I really enjoy hanging out with. (understatement)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home