Haven't been blogging...
... because I didn't have much to say. But feeling guilty about it.
Things are fine - I've been feeling better than I was two weeks ago. My job remains high stress but has felt manageable lately. I'm feeling better about being here, sort of. We had a very nice weekend - went out with my co-workers on Friday night, spent Saturday at a museum and then went to visit my friend C. and his wife and baby. The baby made Derek actually want a baby for the first time, which was a great relief to me. He's wanted a baby before in a detached, theoretical way before, but not really in that gut-level way. So that was good.
I went through a phase this weekend where I felt very defensive about my choice to come out here with Derek and very protective of my relationship with him. I chose to put myself in a difficult position, and while I might whine and cry about it, I still think it was the right thing to do.
Things are fine - I've been feeling better than I was two weeks ago. My job remains high stress but has felt manageable lately. I'm feeling better about being here, sort of. We had a very nice weekend - went out with my co-workers on Friday night, spent Saturday at a museum and then went to visit my friend C. and his wife and baby. The baby made Derek actually want a baby for the first time, which was a great relief to me. He's wanted a baby before in a detached, theoretical way before, but not really in that gut-level way. So that was good.
I went through a phase this weekend where I felt very defensive about my choice to come out here with Derek and very protective of my relationship with him. I chose to put myself in a difficult position, and while I might whine and cry about it, I still think it was the right thing to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home