Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What I've Been Up To

This blog was created to help me keep in touch with everyone since I moved, but I've been bad at it lately. The combination of my busy schedule and the digicam have equalled my recent lazy posts. Also, sometimes I feel that I have to come up with something witty to say. So today I'm reminding myself that it doesn't have to be witty, I'm not writing for some mass audience but for my friends, who might be mildly curious about what I'm doing and how I'm spending my time here in LA.

So here's what I've been up to.

Tonight I went to my first ever bikram yoga class. I was really nervous about it, having heard all kinds of dramatic things about how intense it is with the heat, etc. Even though Wes warned me that it wasn't all that. Still, I was curious. I did enjoy it, and there was something invigorating about sweating more than I ever have in my entire life. I mean, I sweated so much that if you had me after bikram standing next to Derek after basketball, I would actually give him a run for his money. He won't believe that when he reads it but it's true. However, despite the heat, I did not find it to be as challenging as an advanced vinyasa class, or even ashtanga. This was interesting because with all the hype I sort of thought it would be the most hard thing I've ever done in my life, and it wasn't. However, I did like it and I would do it again but not to the exculsion of other yoga.

See how boring I can be? Keep reading.

My weekend was very fun. I think it was the most active weekend that Derek and I have had since we moved out here. Not only were we social, but we went to TWO entertainment events on TWO different nights. On Friday we went to all-you-can-eat-Chinese-vegetarian (aka Happy Family), which is Derek's favorite restaurant here. (Mine is the Oaxajacan restaurant. J & N went to both restaurants with us. Oooooh.) Then, as you've seen illustrated, we went to see W*llie Nelson perform. Very exciting.

On Saturday, we ran errands and ate out of a taco drunk. (see eumaios the swineherd) Then, we went to dinner and to see a comedian (R*x N*varette) with our friends C., D., and R. C. and R. are two of my very oldest friends, from the days of Sasebo. They have been extremely welcoming to Derek and I since we moved from LA and have basically treated me as though no time has passed in our friendship despite the fact that we have not lived in the same place since we were fourteen-years-old. They are the single best thing about living in LA, for me. Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

And on Sunday, we again were social! Miracle of miracles! One of my co-workers had invited us to come over and watch the superbowl. Despite the fact that I have never watched a football game in my life and that hanging out with new people terrifies me, I decided that, in light of Derek and I needing to try to make new friends, it was the right thing to do. And we had a good time.

My co-workers: I share an office with two guys, and another who started the job at the same time as us and comes to hang out with us when bored. They are great, make me laugh almost every day, and generally have made things tolerable and even fun for me. My job is insanely busy right now. I'm opening new cases left and right and it entails a veritable shitload of paperwork at the beginning and I am swimming in it. There is also a lot of driving involved. Joy, joy, joy.

In case anyone is wondering about us making a baby I have not yet been fertile this month. And I have mixed feelings about how much to blog about it, I mean the logistics. I'll blog about the feelings and thoughts but the logistics you probably won't see any more about on this blog because it just makes me squeamish to put it out there like that. You're all weeping, I know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Did I write that? But a taco drunk would have been cooler, so I'll just leave it.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home