Sunday, December 04, 2005

Garlic Dreams

At his request, Derek and I had a lovely dinner last night at "the Stinking Rose" in (belated) celebration of his 31st birthday.

Last night we floated to sleep together on a cloud of garlic breath and garlic farts. (Ace, who usually sleeps with us, left the bed looking disgruntled after about ten minutes and proceeded to sleep on the couch.)

Then, I had the following dream:

I was on the phone with Janet. She casually mentioned that she was planning to go roller skating that evening at the roller rink. I told her how much I had enjoyed roller skating when I was a child, and would love to go roller skating again someday.

Then, I was on the phone with Asia. We had a very long talk, most of it I don't remember. I think we were trying to make plans to get together. She mentioned that she needed to go running, and then she had plans to go roller skating. I asked her who she was going roller skating with about three times and each time she completely avoided my question. After we got off the phone, I realized that she was probably going roller skating with Janet and that they didn't want to invite me, so that's why she was being so avoidant. I became very upset and started to telling this to Derek. I felt very distressed. I actually woke up saying out loud: "But if I had plans with one of them and the other one called me and had nothing to do, I would ALWAYS invite them!" Then, I felt extremely disoriented, because there I was, lying in bed next to sleeping Derek feeling very self-righteously upset about the fact that Asia and Janet had left me out of their plans. Why would they leave me out? I thought, now fully conscious. I can't believe they would do that. Where am I? Then I remembered that I now live in Los Angeles, and that I was lying in a bed in Los Angeles.

Thanks garlic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home