Live from New York
Ms. Bri really wanted me to blog from Brooklyn, so here I am. I am sitting at Ms. Bri's computer while she sloshes up her fever while her husband and child gallavant around the living room with the animals.
THANK YOU BRI, WES, AND CHILD!
They really are the most lovely people to stay with. They don't make you feel weird or uncomfortable at all, and they go about their business and they say and do funny things. Sometimes I'm just tempted to move in with them permanently. But I do miss my husband.
It feels impossible and daunting to put down in a nutshell what it has been like to visit in Brooklyn when it is no longer my home. Or if it is my home, it is no longer the Place Where I Live. It's still so much easier to be here. I just feel like a little fishy in a stream. I know where to go and how to do everything. It's especially evident in transportation. I love walking and being on the subway. It feels so much more natural to me.
I've seen twelve friends in six days, not even counting a visit to my old job today where I saw many many people and acted as an impromptu consultant on my old cases. As sad as I am to not be there, it was helpful to feel like a professional again after two months of unemployment, especially as I nervously start a brand new job on Monday.
But the most important part of being here has been spending time with my wonderful and amazing friends, and I know I will be in absolute withdrawal when I return.
It was worth it. Tonight we are going to embarrass Asia.
THANK YOU BRI, WES, AND CHILD!
They really are the most lovely people to stay with. They don't make you feel weird or uncomfortable at all, and they go about their business and they say and do funny things. Sometimes I'm just tempted to move in with them permanently. But I do miss my husband.
It feels impossible and daunting to put down in a nutshell what it has been like to visit in Brooklyn when it is no longer my home. Or if it is my home, it is no longer the Place Where I Live. It's still so much easier to be here. I just feel like a little fishy in a stream. I know where to go and how to do everything. It's especially evident in transportation. I love walking and being on the subway. It feels so much more natural to me.
I've seen twelve friends in six days, not even counting a visit to my old job today where I saw many many people and acted as an impromptu consultant on my old cases. As sad as I am to not be there, it was helpful to feel like a professional again after two months of unemployment, especially as I nervously start a brand new job on Monday.
But the most important part of being here has been spending time with my wonderful and amazing friends, and I know I will be in absolute withdrawal when I return.
It was worth it. Tonight we are going to embarrass Asia.

3 Comments:
I miss you already! I hope your trip back was uneventful. Thank you so much for everything you did for me while you were here. I loved loved loved my parties and the pictures of friday night are too funny -- I can't wait to see yours! I am so lucky and blessed. Love and kisses and I'll see you back here in less than 6 weeks. ~A
It is great fun to have you staying here, as well. Wes particularly likes the Second Wife feeling of it.
Make sure your husband doesn't misconstrue that.
Can't wait to see you in 6 busy, fast-moving little weeks.
how's the new job???
please post!
- asia
Post a Comment
<< Home