Thursday, December 01, 2005

Milwaukee

Oh dear, he's applying to another job in Milwaukee. Does anyone remember that last year, when the endless job search began, I had an actual nightmare about moving to Milwaukee. Nothing personal against Milwaukee or anything, it's probably where we'll end up.

I am utterly exhausted. My days of working late have resumed. I left a client's home at 8:30 and arrived home around 9. I could really just pass out. I'm very boring. I still can't get used to driving. I've become VERY accustomed to sitting in mind-numbing traffic, as this is my usual commute home. But leaving at 8:30, I'm expected to drive over 70 mph and this frightens me. It's like having one of those panic attacks where you think you are non-specifically "going crazy". It's like the fear-of-heights "spontaneous flying feeling." It's this: if I drive too fast, won't I somehow completely lose control of the car? Does one eventually get used to taking curves at 70 mph while surrounded on all sides by extremely large trucks?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Norris said...

It's actually not a bad town. My mom's cousin started the alternative weekly paper there many moons ago. If you guys end up there, I can probably help out with cool 'hoods and what not.

Damn cold though.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see how Milwaukee is that much worse than Memphis. Except for that cold issue. Which is pretty bad, I guess.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home