Saturday, November 12, 2005

I must admit that it is more difficult to keep this thing updated now that I am back at work - and no internet access at my desk as of yet.

Here's what's going on with me since returning to LA.

1. Thanks to Ms. Bri, I am still suffering from a very annoying cold. Especially at night, when I can't stop coughing and gross things come out of me. Thanks, Bri.

2. I started my new job and have been in training all week. Hopefully I will have clients soon, because right now it is just overwhelming to take in a ton of new information. I do like the people I'm working with. They recently expanded and I am one of five new hires, so it's been good to have a group of people to bond with early on. Usually, it takes me forever to "make friends", especially at work, so I am really grateful for this.

3. Derek went on a job interview in Memphis, which went well. We are keeping our fingers crossed. People, I am not crazy. I just want to get knocked up, and this is not going to happen until the man gets a job for next year. He is very stubborn, the man.

4. Most thrillingly, last night I had another reunion from my days as a teeny-bopper in Japan. Derek and I had a loooong dinner at the home of my friend Chris, where we met his adorably chubby-cheeked baby, his wife who is like a female version of him (and was the first actual women who I've met here with whom I felt some sort of friend potential -yay), and subjected our spouses to hours of video footage of ourselves at age 13 and 14. We were tempted to watch the video over and over and analyze it, but I think the other people in the room had had enough, so we'll have to save it for next time.

5. Now, I am going to go purchase my tickets to Asia's wedding! Yes!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cold. It does seem to be a yucky lingering one that many of my colleagues have also had for more than a week. I am feeling fine during the day now but also have the night coughing problem. Had my first good night's rest in a while last night thanks to Robitussin Cough & Cold - I highly recommend you try it.

I am glad to hear work is OK and you have a crop of newbies to bond with.

Yay for silly videos and yay for Asia's wedding!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear work is going well. Have you been driving there? How's that going? I think that the cold I got is actually Jeremy's and not Briar's -- I am almost recovered now and no special night symptoms. The wedding is really feeling damn close now. I saw the responses for the first time last night and we have 45 reply cards for yes and 5 for no (8 people total have said no so far). At this rate, we are going to have one very crowded reception. Yesterday we picked the tuxes for the groomsmen and Lois and I went to Kate's to ponder the place cards. Today J and I are working on vows/ceremony. I don't actually know why I am putting all this on your blog, but it's done so I guess I won't go back and erase it. I apparently needed to tell you!

Anyhoo- Hope Derek has good news soon with the job. Love you!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the compulsive need to tick off the wedding task list. I remember it well. Gives you a sense of both panic and accomplishment.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home