Monday, November 21, 2005

Yes, you CAN go to the beach in November!

Derek and I haven't had much time lately to spend a whole day together. So yesterday we took off for the coast! Eating french fries and drinking a chocolate milkshake in the car, driving with the sunroof down in our hot new 1993 maroon and brown Honda Accord.
We drove up the PCH and past Malibu. I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, thinking it would be chilly since, after all, it is November. I was so wrong, and could have been frolicking in a bikini. But because people take this amazing November day for granted here in SoCal, the beach was practically empty, so we spent the afternoon lying on a green blanket and walking up and down the beach.
We're so lucky we found each other. Sometimes I wish I'd known Derek my whole life. Did I really need to be single and have bad boyfriends? I wish I'd met Derek in college. I wish I'd had a crush on him in high school. I wish he'd been a kid living in my neighborhood. I wish he'd been the baby in the next crib over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're totally making me weepy in the teacher's lounge.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too, but i'm in my kitchen.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

You're making me a little nauseated!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home