Monday, October 17, 2005

Love LA, Hate LA

Last night I loved LA because we took Nate and Jin to this amazing Oaxacan restaurant in Koreatown. I wanted to order everything on the menu but had to settle for an enchilada con mole rojo with Oaxacan string cheese and a mango margarita. Derek was a little disappointed in the menu because there were only a few vegetarian options, but for me, a couple tamales, a couple moles and various appetizers seemed good enough, and of course then I can move on to the fish. Enchilada: the salty-thick, noodle-like cheese swirling in sweet rich red sauce, the thick tortilla soaking it up like a sponge.... yummmmmmm. I wanted to go there again for dinner tonight but Derek said no.

Today I hated LA because it rained. I felt chained to the apt. We had to run errands that we could have run down the block to do in Brooklyn, but NOOOOO, because LA is so spread out, we had to get in the car and drive in the rain with all the other cranky drivers. It was quite unpleasant. I yearned for the subway. I yearned to skip out of the apartment with an umbrella, run across the street, and get the damn errands done.

Also, driving makes me cranky in general. Hopefully this is only because I am a new driver. Since almost everywhere except for New York requires people to drive at least once a day, I am hoping that I will not spend the rest of my life in a foul mood.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're making me hungry. i want to eat that enchilada right now.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home