Sunday, September 07, 2008

Reptile Feeding

K. continues to be interested in trucks and heavy machinery ever since they started doing road work on our block a few weeks ago. However, he seems to be branching out a bit. I was relieved tonight when he requested a book about a puppy and a book about a duck for his bedtime stories. He has also become interested in Cookie Monster. We are beginning to think that Cookie Monster is the new truck. He must have been introduced to Cookie Monster at school since we don't watch TV at home, but it brings him so much joy that we've been watching the "C is for Cookie" video on youtube a few times a day.

Yesterday we took K. for a hike and stopped at the trailside museum to watch a "reptile feeding". It was only after I'd gotten K. all excited about "the lizard" that I realized this would probably involve animals eating other animals. K. wasn't too freaked out and innocently waved as the last of the mouse's tail disappeared between the snakes jaws, saying: "Bye bye, mouse."

Then they fed the turtle. Being a more civilized animal, the turtle ate a mixture of dog food and vegetables. When I asked K. what the turtle ate, he said, "Pasta." Then, he looked over at the four-year-old next to him and, wanting to make some impressive small talk, said very solemnly: "Cookie monster." To which the four-year-old looked askance and said, "Dude, Cookie Monster isn't even here." (Well, he didn't really say dude, but he might as well.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Briar said...

This cracked me up. I laughed out loud in bed and woke Wes up.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home