Wednesday, November 07, 2007

10 months old

OK, I am so too tired to write tonight and I still have a load of laundry to fold (laundry every day around these parts) but Nablopomo it is.

And it's only right to let this post be a celebration of little K.'s first 10 months on earth. It is, after all, his 10 month birthday, although he doesn't know it.

So what are the fun things about K. at 10 months?

He's obsessed with standing up. He pulls up every chance he gets, on inanimate objects, on me when I'm in the middle of doing something, on his father's legs. If he gets distracted, he'll let go of whatever he's holding on to and stand on his own, but when he realizes he's on his own he'll get worried and grasp at the first thing he finds.

He's not as chubby as he used to be, but his hair is still standing straight on end. He has a wonderful giggle and a big smile with eight teeth. He thinks it's hysterical to be held and danced around by one of us while the other one runs back and forth playing peek-a-boo. It's hard to explain, but trust me, it's the most hysterical game EVER.

His first word is the cat's name: Hermes, pronounces "ssssss". He chases the cat around saying "sssss", and sometimes, if I say "meow" he looks up all bright eyed and says "ssssss".

Other than chasing the cat and climbing the stairs, he loves to roll his ball back and forth across the room. And he loves to flip his books open, can seriously spend up to 30 minutes pulling his books off the shelf and examining each and every one. What a little intellectual.

He's quite gregarious at home with Derek and I, but when we take him out in the world, he's suddenly quite shy. I like to joke that he takes after his parents that way, in being a little shy at first. He continues to be afraid of strange men. We took him to a Halloween party at Derek's office and he burst into tears at the sight of Derek's boss.

It's amazing how he keeps unfolding. It's starting to be possible to imagine him as a little toddler. He's quite a person already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Mommy doesn't know what day it is. I just realized I actually posted this the day AFTER K's 10 mo. birthday.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching them change from blobs of baby into real people. It makes such a difference.

Happy 10 months, Little K!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home