Thursday, November 08, 2007

comments

Wow, it was so amazing when people came over from Bri's blog to comment. And since I've now outed myself as a lurker, I must say, some of my favorite bloggers came over and commented and I felt like these awesome women had just walked into my living room. How cool! And then there were some people I hadn't met before, but who were also interesting and eloquent.
And the places some of those who clicked over came from! (according to site meter) Canada and India and Australia and Norway and Chile. The lure of Bri is powerful!

I will make an effort to comment more on the blogs I read. I know I won't every time, usually because some of my big blog reading time is pumping time or bouncing baby time or some other time when I don't have a free hand. But it seems that the consensus is that (gasp) people actually LIKE comments, even and sometimes especially comments from strangers. Such a novice I am to blog etiquette. I always imagined it would be annoying if I commented on a stranger's blog, like I'd just barged in on them or something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the comment thing. I've always felt strange commenting on people's blogs who don't know who the heck I am. Like I'm intruding or something. But I bit the bullet when I realized that these were public blogs, therefore I had every right to say "hello."

I've always preferred writing for an audience myself, and if no one comments, I have no way of knowing if I'm being read.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you have that nice feeling of people sitting around your living room and listening to you. Its a good feeling. I always wonder about my random international hits too-- but then again, I was the Chile one for you. :)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home