Saturday, December 10, 2005

Guest Appearance from Derek!

Here goes Derek, telling his side of the story!

For the record, I am not a "blogger" and I am only "blogging" at the request of my wife on the eve of her birthday.

That said, you should have seen her upon receiving news of the possible hep-A outbreak. As I was in mid-bite, she says, "Uh, isn't that the place we went to on your birthday?" I was thinking of the Stinking Rose (which we went to FOR my birthday, not ON my birthday, because on my birthday Melissa's dad wanted to take us to this 4-star-ish fancy restaurant). Because I was eating, at first I simply ignored her and helped myself to more noodles. But after a few seconds it dawned on me that she was right.

Then it really hit. Melissa turned pale and said she couldn't eat any more. I said o.k., but I was still eating those noodles. She doesn't have to eat any more, but I'm still hungry! But then my delicate wife couldn't take it any more. "We have to go NOW!" So Melissa went outside, I got the check and left a 20 without even getting change. By the time I got the car door open, Melissa was slumped over against the car roof with her face in her hands.

PS Dinner for 4 at this restaurant cost over $200, just to give you an idea. The moral of the story: serves us right for betraying the principle of frugality, even for a special occasion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmph. I do see where the two of you frugal folks are coming from here... It's like having your stereotypes confirmed, thus even further strengthening your beliefs. And that really is disgusting, I must admit.

Asia

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OY. Cheapy McFrugal wins again. Will my side never triumph??

I am sorry this happened for your birthday. Are you getting the shot? It's another good story to add to your Stories About Weird Shots repertoire (with the Guatemala one, I'm thinking).

Love you, Lissa-chan. See my blog for your preliminary gift. The other one is coming from Arizona in a week or so.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home