Monday, September 26, 2005

monday

Once again, it is Monday. Meaning, the apartment is empty, Derek is teaching, and I have a list of boring things to do. Look for jobs (not much posted today), clean the apartment, do laundry. I got a bit frustrated with my experience volunteering at the RC last week, but expect I will sooner rather than later try to get back in there again because IT IS BORING TO BE AT HOME and at least I felt like I was doing something sort of useful. I suppose there are probably also other places to volunteer, or other things I can do. But it's amazing how overwhelming it is to have NOTHING to do. In Brooklyn, I worked a demanding job, took classes and had an active social life. I'm sure it occurred to me, wouldn't it be nice to have some time off? Wouldn't I do all these wonderful things or create all these wonderful projects? But no, instread I feel almost... paralyzed.

On a more interesting and hopefully uplifting note, our stream of visitors begins today! My Dad arrived this morning on business, and although he is working and staying in a hotel, hopefully I'll get to see him. Then, a week or so later, my Mom comes to town, then, the beautiful and amazing Jin comes to town, as well as the funny and entertaining Nate. And somewhere in there, Kevin returns to play a show or two. So that should all be good for me.

The driving test is tomorrow. I think the only reason I would fail it at this point is my nerves, and because my nerves are very excitable, failure remains a distinct possibility. I so don't want to disappoint Derek. Online I've seen all these advertisements (mostly British - what's up with that) for hypnosis tapes to help you pass your driving test by calming your nerves. If I fail the test tomorrow, I am going to seriously consider this. Even this weekend when Derek pretended to be the driving tester, I would get all panicky. So it is worrisome.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay good money to watch Derek pretend to be a driving instructor.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

believe me, it is frightening. maybe we could work it into some sort of s&m role play.
-M

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he pretend to use the special second brake? Or, like my tester on my first (failed) test, did he say, without emotion, "that was a dangerous maneuver"?

good luck on your test, sweetie!

Asia

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home