Monday, September 05, 2005

one big bad thing, two small good things

I don't like that walking is not something that is done in this city. This has nothing to do with my lack of driver's license. I am working on the license and I will get the license. The issue is that in my former life, walking was a pleasure, whether walking to run errands or just to go for a walk. I tried to go for a walk for enjoyment today, but it was not so enjoyable. I find that I am either walking on very busy streets, or no one is out and I don't know whether it is a "safe" area or not, because I have no fucking idea where I am. And being paranoid, when I have no fucking clue where I am, I won't walk unless other people are out. The part about LA not being walker-friendly is something I do not like. Also, there is this big, gorgeous park literally one block from my house. But no one even walks there during the week, so it doesn't feel safe either. (On the weekends it is fine and populated.)

Two small good things: Janet was right, the shopping is better here. Better clothes, better prices, better vintage stores, and they seem to be anywhere. So once I get a job and my own money, maybe I will enjoy shopping. Also, the giant pan-Asian with lots of Mexican products grocery store down the block from my apt is the other good thing.

LA, I don't know what to make of you. I'd rather be in Brooklyn. Pine, pine, pine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Briar said...

Keep writing indeed!

Can I link to your blog from my blog yet?

Does this mean you have a blog yet, um, Crasia...?

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home