I hate driving, I hate driving, I hate driving. Does anyone actually like driving? Or am I destined for the rest of my life to participate in this thing that I hate? I drove from our house out to Claremont today (40 min., more like an hour with me driving) and when we arrived I was worried that I would not be able to uncurl my hand from around the steering wheel.
More distinctly LA stuff:
When volunteering yesterday with the hurricane relief, there were many different types of other volunteers. Retirees, college students, young professionals, etc., and a sub-type that appears to be much more common here: dramatic women who have had a lot of work done on their faces. Yes, there are many more women here (than in NY) with faces that look like the Jackal (or whatever that character is on Batman). I thought it was a stereotype, but no, it is true.
Also, at Thai food with Derek and Kevin last night, and the women at the next table are having a very loud conversation, and a direct quote is: "the state of American television is in dire peril." Television, dire peril, and no sarcasm intended.
More distinctly LA stuff:
When volunteering yesterday with the hurricane relief, there were many different types of other volunteers. Retirees, college students, young professionals, etc., and a sub-type that appears to be much more common here: dramatic women who have had a lot of work done on their faces. Yes, there are many more women here (than in NY) with faces that look like the Jackal (or whatever that character is on Batman). I thought it was a stereotype, but no, it is true.
Also, at Thai food with Derek and Kevin last night, and the women at the next table are having a very loud conversation, and a direct quote is: "the state of American television is in dire peril." Television, dire peril, and no sarcasm intended.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home