Saturday, August 05, 2006

Derek just told me that he had gone into the baby's closet to look at the baby clothes (almost all supplied by my mother, so far) and think about how cute the baby would be. I have to admit that I've done the same thing, but I had no idea that he was doing it too. We are both so excited but every time we talk about how we can't wait to meet the baby we also remind it to stay inside until at least December.

My appt with the midwife earlier this week was uneventful. No sonogram but a nice healthy heart beat.

My sister has been here for the past week helping me to get settled. Not that we did much settling, but mostly just hung around together and entertained ourselves, while Derek started his first week at work. It was great to have her around, and reminded me of when we were kids and would move to new places and not know anyone else, and find creative ways to entertain ourselves. We're good at that together.

6 Comments:

Blogger lagiulia said...

So happy you two are so excited! You probably won't need any extra stuff with all the gifts you'll receive with a first baby, but ours were born in Nov., and we have a lot of cold weather stuff. And a lot of if is in really good condition because we just got SO MUCH, having twins, and it was barely worn. So if you want or need anything, don't hesitate to let me know. I have boys and unisex things.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks J! I'd probably have to fight Ms. Bri for any of your goods.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The season is off, though, Liss. You would be more at the right time for winter newborn stuff. I need newborn spring and summer.

10:25 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Bri knows that she can come ravage my closets anytime. But like she said the seasons are off for clothes. Unless she and Wes decide to up and move to the arctic to live with the penguins, that is.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

I would like to move to where the penguins are, but that would be the Antarctic, J, not the Arctic.
Anyway, M, I want pictures of Dayton, your house and the baby's clothes.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The baby's clothes include butt ruffles.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home