and an almost perfect day yesterday
The weather here has been amazing for those of us accostumed to the east coast, although I must admit that a constant stream of 80 degree days in the "winter" raises a vague sense of suspicion in me.
Not to say that we haven't been enjoying it.
Yesterday was almost perfect: an early morning yoga class, a walk in an overgrown but beautiful botanical gardens in the foothills, shopping at Loehmans (while Derek went to a sports bar), a movie ("the Squid and the Whale", set in chilly Park Slope), and an amazing Malaysian dinner: crispy- chewy roti soaking up coconut curry like a sponge.
Derek and I have been thinking that the one good thing about "having no friends" (not quite but almost) is that we've pretty much never been able to spend so many days together. The whole day (minus when he must go to a sports bar and I must go shopping.) Although I have to say, Derek, if you are reading this, when I wrote the word "sports" I realized that the other reason we've spent so much lovely time together is due to the lack of (ahem) a TV.
Not to say that we haven't been enjoying it.
Yesterday was almost perfect: an early morning yoga class, a walk in an overgrown but beautiful botanical gardens in the foothills, shopping at Loehmans (while Derek went to a sports bar), a movie ("the Squid and the Whale", set in chilly Park Slope), and an amazing Malaysian dinner: crispy- chewy roti soaking up coconut curry like a sponge.
Derek and I have been thinking that the one good thing about "having no friends" (not quite but almost) is that we've pretty much never been able to spend so many days together. The whole day (minus when he must go to a sports bar and I must go shopping.) Although I have to say, Derek, if you are reading this, when I wrote the word "sports" I realized that the other reason we've spent so much lovely time together is due to the lack of (ahem) a TV.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home