Welcome to the Fam
secret blogging from work - I finished everything but don't want to leave early since I am saving all my flex hours for DISNEY. (or rather, for Bri)
I've been remiss as I've been attacked by holidays and dear Asia's wedding. (she's in Costa Rica now, aren't we all jealous) That, and the back to back episodes of Lost we've been watching. ahem.
But I'm here now to tell you of something horrifying that has occured in the T-----/B----- family.
So, this is what you get when you have an adamantly non-religious wedding.
Aunt M., Southern Baptist, corners my sister at Thanksgiving and grills her about our religious beliefs. She knows I'm an agnostic of some sort, probably convinces herself that my beliefs are somehow similar to her own, but now has confirmed info that our beloved Derek is (gasp) an ATHEIST!!! Asks my sister all sorts of questions about whether Derek is influencing my beliefs. (Sis tells her: if anything, M. has become MORE spiritual since she's been with D.) (You know, love renewing faith in the universe and all that. Oh, and a lot of yoga.)
So yesterday we get our Christmas package. For M: the lovely serving set we registered for. For D: Two books about why he should accept JC as his PS.
Welcome to the fam.
If anyone has experience in dealing with this sort of issue, please advise. We are worried that, over the years, we will end up with an entire library.
I've been remiss as I've been attacked by holidays and dear Asia's wedding. (she's in Costa Rica now, aren't we all jealous) That, and the back to back episodes of Lost we've been watching. ahem.
But I'm here now to tell you of something horrifying that has occured in the T-----/B----- family.
So, this is what you get when you have an adamantly non-religious wedding.
Aunt M., Southern Baptist, corners my sister at Thanksgiving and grills her about our religious beliefs. She knows I'm an agnostic of some sort, probably convinces herself that my beliefs are somehow similar to her own, but now has confirmed info that our beloved Derek is (gasp) an ATHEIST!!! Asks my sister all sorts of questions about whether Derek is influencing my beliefs. (Sis tells her: if anything, M. has become MORE spiritual since she's been with D.) (You know, love renewing faith in the universe and all that. Oh, and a lot of yoga.)
So yesterday we get our Christmas package. For M: the lovely serving set we registered for. For D: Two books about why he should accept JC as his PS.
Welcome to the fam.
If anyone has experience in dealing with this sort of issue, please advise. We are worried that, over the years, we will end up with an entire library.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home