Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feeling Guilty

Ms. Bri tagged me on this awhile back and I've been remiss. So here it goes. I'm tagging you, by the way, J. of Kaiserschmarm.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?
I lived in Los Angeles. I drove with a driver's license.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two of my cousins.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.

4. Did you travel? Where did you go?
Let's see. Aside from trips to visit family and friends, we went to Greece on our honeymoon. I also traveled to Singapore to help my Dad after his open heart surgery, which certainly counts although it wasn't for pleasure because it entailed spending about 48 hours on a plane, round-trip.

5. Best thing you bought?
No clue. Does my wedding count?

6. Where did most of your money go?
Probably the majority went to rent.

7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Spending time with friends.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Commuting in LA traffic.

9. What kept you sane?
Derek

10. What drove you mad?
Traffic in LA.

11. What made you celebrate?
My wedding. Oh, and Asia's wedding too.

12. What made you sad?
Leaving NYC, Brooklyn, my friends, my old job.

13. How was your birthday this year?
It was great except for the butt shot. (see birthday post.) (no, I don't get linking)

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?I
Yeesh, what didn't get me riled up???

15. Were you in love in 2005?
duh.

16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?
I would like to get pregnant.

17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?
July 2nd.

18. What song will remind you of 2005?
"Cold Wind" the Arcade Fire; "Breathe Me" Sia

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
Yes and no. I think that marriage has made me happier. But leaving NY has made me more sad.

20. Biggest achievement this year?
Getting my clinical license in NY. (fat lot of good that does me now) Completing my post-grad program. (ditto)

21. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?
I can adjust to being in a new place. My relationship with Derek is strong and central to me.

22. How was your health in 2005?
Good.

23. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did cut down on coffee from two to one cup a day. But it wasn't really a NY resolution.

24. What countries did you visit?
Singapore, Greece

24. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Um, I think I already answered this question.

25. Did you suffer hardship in 2005?
No.

26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nothing comes to mind.

27. What was the best book you read?
I can't believe I'm feeling so stumped by this question. It's hard to remember when I read various books. Off hand, three books I read that I'd recommend are "The Fortress of Solitude" by Jonathan Lethem, "What the Living Do" by Marie Howe, and "the Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri.

28. What did you want and get?
I got to marry Derek. And have a fabulous wedding & honeymoon.

29. What did you want and not get?
To stay in Brooklyn.

30. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Stumped again. My favorite new movie might have been "the 40 Year Old Virgin". It made us laugh soooo much. I don't go to the movies a lot.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Ummm, what?

32. Who did you miss?
Bri, Asia, D, Jan, Jenny, Jin, Ally, my parents. My Grandmother (always).

33. Did anyone disappoint you?
Yes, but we worked it out.

34. Did somebody really shine for you in 2005?
My wonderful, patient husband, as always. Everyone who was in our wedding party, and our parents, who were gracious and supportive. Jin has really been a shoulder to lean on as we both start new lives. Rey, who has helped me to feel more at home in LA.

35. Do you have any pets?
Two grumpy old swine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home